Assemblyman Brian Dahle is a third-generation farmer, business owner, and four term Lassen County Supervisor.
Brian’s family history dates back to the original homestead farm in the 1930s in the Tule Lake area of Siskiyou County. The present Lassen County farm was purchased in the 1940s by Brian’s grandparents and has remained in the family since that time. When his parents retired, Brian and his wife Megan purchased the farm, which is now over 2,000 acres.
In addition, Brian and Megan Dahle operate and manage Big Valley Seed and Big Valley Nursery.
Elected to the Lassen County Board of Supervisors in 1996, Brian has helped ensure that budget is balanced and that County is completely debt free. Lassen is one of just a handful of Counties without any debt.
Brian has taken a leadership role in helping strengthen rural counties. He is the past Chair and current Board Member for the Regional Council of Rural Counties, where he has been a leading defender of the North State’s private property and water rights.
Brian has earned other leadership opportunities, including:
• Past president, Western Interstate Region (National Association of Counties, NACO)
• Chair, Energy Environment Land Use Committee (NACO)
• Chair, California Housing & Finance Corporation
• Chair, National Housing & Finance Corporation
• Circle of Service Award (California State Association of Counties)
• Dale Sowards Award, public service award from Western Interstate Region (NACO)